2020 EDGE Kickoff Rules
For the safety of our community and for the smooth flow of the treasure hunt please follow the following guidelines:
- Please respect private property during the hunt. All clues will be located on property owned by St. Cecilia Church, St. Thomas Aquinas Church, or by the City of Ames.
- Please do not deface any puzzle locations while searching for clues. Most clues are simple web links or QR codes that will be in plain view. If you are lost or confused feel free to call 515-337-2978 for help.
- Please respect social distancing while you are out and about. Let other groups finish with the puzzle before you approach the it. There are no prizes for first place, so you won't need to worry about time. If you are not able to maintain social distancing while out and about, please remember to put your mask on.
- Please drive safely between puzzles and follow all local traffic regulations. Again, there is no prize for first place, so you don't need to worry about time.
- Finally, the use of Google and the Internet is encouraged! Don't be afraid to look up stuff you don't know. As one of my college professors said: "In real life, you get to use resources."
- Any youth who successfully complete the treasure hunt will be entered into a drawing for:
- One Grand prize of a $50 Script Gift certificate
- Two Runner-up Prizes of $15 Script Gift Certificates
- Contest rules are available at the link below:
What to bring:
- A smartphone with a QR code app
- Masks for every participant
- A good attitude